Bodhi Leaf Designs
What and Why we collect Your Data
We may collect and store information about you in connection with your use of this website and eCommerce service, including any information you transmit to or through our service. We use that information to provide the website’s functionality, fulfill your orders and contact requests, improve the website’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the website, orders, and eCommerce solutions, track usage of Bodhi Leaf Designs's website, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the website and online shopping, and comply with legal requirements. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
1. Account Information: If you create a user account on Bodhi Leaf Designs, we may store and use the information you provide during that process, such as your full name, email address, zip code, physical address, and other information you may provide with your account, such as phone number. You can modify some of the information associated with your account through your account settings. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by sending us an email at email@example.com.
2. Public Content: If you decide to comment on any content within this website, your information, such as your full name, may be displayed and be visible to all public.
3. Communications: If you submit a contact form, send us an email, or sign up for a newsletter, we receive and store your contact information. By signing up to a newsletter you agree to receive occasional emails containing information, promotions, discounts, and other relevant content about Bodhi Leaf Designs and the products offered through here.
4. Transactions (online orders): If you initiate a transaction through the this website, such as a purchase, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and payment information (such as a credit card number and expiration date), as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your order, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties (only payment processors, like Stripe and PayPal), and third parties may share such information with us, for the same purposes. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology.
5. Your Activity and Traffic to our website: We may store information about your use of this website, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your visit of this website, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested or referring URLs.
You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the "Location Services" settings for our applications in iOS privacy settings.
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
1. Squarespace: This is the platform on which this website is built on. We use all eCommerce features through Squarespace and, therefore, your information may be shared and stored on their servers in connection to the use of Bodhi Leaf Designs' website only.
2. Stripe and PayPal: These are the two payment processors that allow to capture your payment information and all other relevant data needed to process a payment for an order, issue refunds, process subscriptions, and apply coupons or other promotional discounts.
3. MailChimp and Google Spreadsheets: These two service are used to store your contact information whenever you sign up for our newsletter.
4. Yotpo: As an external reviews platform any information you use to submit a review may be used and made publicly available.
5. Facebook and Instagram, as well as any other social media platform (Pinterest, G+, Twitter, etc.): We have linked our social media accounts for you to share content from this website, like our content within this website or directly on social media.
We do not share, sell, or use your information on any third party without your consent.
6. Google and Squarespace Analytics: We may store information about your use of this website, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your visit of this website, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested or referring URLs.
Retention of Information and Account Deletion
Control Your Own Data
If you post comments on this website or share and like content from this website on social media, it can be seen by others. You can opt out at any moment from newsletters and communications and request a file with your information retained directly through you on Bodhi Leaf Designs' website.
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Bodhi Leaf Designs
Jackson Heights, NY